Database Administrator (DBA)
Freespee is the most comprehensive conversation cloud in the market.
We enable consumers to talk to brands in real time via their interface of choice.
Our platform is designed to attract, proactively engage and convert online users into customers.
Our products are used by leading brands including Alfa Romeo, AXA, BNP Paribas, Club Med, eBay, Fiat, Ford, Jeep, JLL, Kia, Nissan, Peugeot, Richmond, Schibsted and Toyota.
Freespee combines communication enterprise software with ready to use API’s to enable customisable communication solutions quickly. Our cPaaS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service) stack offers the most reliable and segmented data about customers calls, triggering relevant and automated actions to personalise consumer experiences and drive conversion.
Freespee offers best-in-class integration with external CRM and sales systems allowing seamless and uninterrupted data flow between online and conversational metrics.
Freespee was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams are based. Now under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee has been growing profitably and employs over 80 people across offices in London (HQ), Uppsala, Barcelona, Paris and Düsseldorf, serving clients in over 50 countries.
Our Company Values:
- Be Genuine: We act with integrity, we speak our mind.
- Stay Focused: We focus our attention and energy on what really matters for customers and ourselves.
- Engage Others: We demonstrate positivity and work hard on making people around us excited and successful.
- Be Humble: We celebrate successes with simplicity and face our everyday challenges with realism.
Reporting to the Head of Tech Operations we are recruiting a DBA. You will be collaborating with the rest of the Tech Operations team with a special focus on designing and resolving any issues relating to our databases.
You will manage our database servers and our databases in a way that ensures the highest possible availability. In this role you will use your skills, as well as your service-minded personality, and be Freespee’s go-to person for all things related to databases.
You will be responsible for:
- Tuning our databases
- Designing new databases according to future needs
- Writing efficient, complex queries
- Assisting in setting up user access for databases
- Providing proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determining, enforcing and documenting database policies, procedures and standards
- Performing tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitoring database performance, implementing changes and applying new patches and versions when required
- Detailed experience as a Database Administrator
- Extensive experience with database standards and end user applications
- Extensive experience in MySQL or MariaDB
- Background knowledge in data backup, recovery, security, integrity, monitoring and SQL
- Background knowledge in AWS and associated tools
- Background knowledge in Postgresql
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Familiarity with programming APIs
- Familiarity with NoSQL methodologies