Our Head of Engineering is now hiring a Test Engineer to join our team in the Uppsala office.
Freespee in an expansive phase where you as a test engineer can influence your and our future. We are truly agile and value-driven, the technical decisions are taken within the development team. Our product owners, Test Engineers and UX designers are an integral part of our development teams to give our testers and developers the shortest possible time from question to answer and from test to correction.
All of our development teams are co-located in our Uppsala office together with TechOps and our customer support, all just 200 meters from the trains to and from Stockholm.
As a test engineer you will:
- Facilitate a testing mindset during design and story breakdown
- Be a strong advocate of software quality
- Write test plans and other test documentation
- Work together with the product team to design and execute test cases, manual and automated
- Isolate, assess, and report defects, and verify fixes
- Use existing automation frameworks and tools to create and execute new tests or test areas
As a person, you need to be a detail-oriented and self-motivated team player. Freespee puts a lot of focus on creating a good and fun working environment where you as a colleague will be offered an open, prestigeless, goal oriented culture with a lot of growth potential. Our engaged and pretty cool Agile Coaches support and motivates us daily to reflect and improve. We love hackathons, Lunch&Learn, ping pong, game nights, beer, breakfast at the office. We have lab time which means that 10% of your working time you focus on your own development, by yourself or with a colleague.
But most important: If you come as you are, stay true to yourself and share your experiences, we will love you!
- BS/MS degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 4 years of software testing experience, preferably in web-based projects.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes like:
- Functional testing, UX Testing, UI Testing, Testing of APIs, Performance and scalability
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- QA methodologies for: security, load and graphQL
- Working experience in a SaaS company.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based automated testing tools.
- Working experience in software development.
More about us
Freespee was founded in 2009 by software engineers Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren in Uppsala, Sweden where its development teams are based. Now under the leadership of CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee has been growing profitably and employs over 80 people across offices in London (HQ), Uppsala, Barcelona, Paris and Düsseldorf, serving clients in over 50 countries.
Our products are used by leading brands such as eBay, Blocket.se, Alfa Romeo, AXA, BNP Paribas, Club Med, Fiat, Ford, Jeep, JLL and many more.
Freespee is a CPAAS (Communications Platform-as-a-Service) solution that helps businesses talk to their website visitors or app users in real-time. We power millions of conversations every month and have become an integral tool for companies worldwide to better understand both their data and consumers journey through their systems. The platform is designed to attract, proactively engage and convert online users into customers.