We are looking for a dedicated Legal Counsel to join our Legal Department in Uppsala. You will be involved in the growth of Freespee group of companies by providing legal advice in a variety of legal matters in Sweden and abroad.
Who are you?
While you are likely an Associate Lawyer at a commercial law firm or an in-house Legal Counsel in Sweden with approx. 3-5 years’ work experience, you may also be an exceptional junior Legal Counsel with at least two years’ relevant work experience or a legal professional with academic background in law from another European jurisdiction (such as U.K., Germany, France or Spain) or U.S., who wants to move to an in-house Legal Counsel role at a super growth software company based in Uppsala, Sweden.
You are very commercial, and business focused and will have the ability to give legal advice in various areas of law fluently in English and Swedish. You enjoy working with non-legal professionals collaborating with our sales and technical teams to support sales and product development from a legal perspective.
You have a Passion for taking on complex legal questions with cross-border implications and you’re looking for your next role working in a fast-growing organisation where you are expected to be pragmatic and work on multiple projects with quick turnarounds simultaneously. You are solutions oriented and a fast learner who are comfortable working independently.
What will you be doing?
- You will be expected to review and draft commercial agreements in English.
- You will be involved in corporate maintenance and establishing local subsidiaries with the assistance of external counsels.
- You will participate in developing internal policy documents and filing documents in a data room.
- You will be expected to be pragmatic and communicate efficiently with non-legal professionals, to provide practical legal advice and training to your colleagues.
- You will extent your comfort zones into new fields of law including but not limited to company law, contract law, employment law, Data Protection and e-communication regulations.
- You will be part of developing Freespee’s Legal Department together with Freespee’s Head of Legal and you will be encouraged to work independently and efficiently.
What do we require from you?
- Demonstrable experience of working on company law and corporate maintenance (Ideally, you will have experience of working on options/warrents and subsidiaries outside of Sweden)
- Experience of drafting commercial contracts
- Proven experience in drafting and reviewing various commercial agreements in English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven experience as a general legal professional, experience from a start-up company in the tech industry (Desirable)
- Experience of Employment law across multiple European territories (Sweden, UK, France, Germany, Spain)
- Demonstrable GDPR experience
- E-Communcication experience
- Proven experience of working on Intellectual property (copyright)
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to take ownership, make a difference and grow personally and professionally
- Fast growth, informal, family-like and fun working environment
- Training, onboarding and regular interaction with software developers
- Key role in Freespee’s growth success expanding into new countries
- Trips to our London office
Freespee was founded in Uppsala, Sweden in 2009 by product designer and software engineer Carl Holmquist and Tobias Lindgren, with a vision to make brand conversations more impactful.
Freespee offers a cloud communication platform that makes marketing, sales and service teams better at what they do. The company powers millions of conversations and has become an integral tool for companies worldwide to better understand and bespoke consumer journeys and accelerate sales conversion.
At Freespee we believe that every consumer deserves a personalised and fulfilling conversational experience. We do this by bridging the gap between a consumer’s digital journey and the conversation through contextual data. Our platform enables best in class call tracking, unified communication tools, predictive call routing and automated sales and CRM workflows. With Freespee, you can track prospects from a campaign to the final sale.
Led by CEO Anne de Kerckhove, Freespee has over 90 employees in 5 offices across Europe and is growing over 70% year on year. Freespee is backed by leading European investors including Verdane, Sunstone, Ventech and Inventure. For more information please visit www.freespee.com
Our Company Values:
“We act with integrity, we speak our mind”
“We focus our attention and energy on what really matters for customers and ourselves"
“We demonstrate positivity and work hard on making people around us excited and successful"
‘Make an Impact’
“We deliver results everyday with our clients and colleagues in mind”